Tuesday, July 17, 2007

SCS CC123



Alright, it's been almost 2 weeks since I've promised myself to do more of these challenges on Splitcoast...I don't know if it's just procrastination, or busy-ness...but I had some free time this morning and thought I would check out the color challenge for today. It's a gorgeous combo and I was glad I stopped in to check it out because I LOVE these colors together! I do not dig out my Night of Navy often, so it was a challenge for me to do so. So glad I did!
I need some honest opinions though...should I keep the photo corner in the upper right? Or does it need something? It's the very first time I've ever used these things and I'm not sure what to do. I see everyone do such cute things with them. I really didn't think it would be a problem for me.
What do you think of the Always Artichoke ribbon? To me, it looks a little olive-y.
Thanks for coming by! Remember I still have blog candy available until 5000 hits! Be sure to comment there!

Recipe:
Stamps: Big on Christmas, Short & Sweet (Snowflakes)
Paper: Night of Navy, Bordering Blue, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla
Ink: Black Stazon, Very Vanilla Craft, Bordering Blue. Watercolor crayons for: Night of Navy, mellow moss, Bordering Blue, Always artichoke, RUby red (berries), Pumpkin Pie (nose)
Accessories: Round Tab punch, Silver brads, Photo Corner Punch, Paper Piecer, Always Artichoke Ribbon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your card just the way it is. Honestly though, I didn't even notice the ribbon - I was so impressed with the way your main image was cropped that I completely missed the ribbon.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Really cute card!!

Stefanie said...

Super cute layout! I love the colors together and the piercing on the photo corner is awesome! TFS!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card. So I am a little new to your blog and just scrolled all the way down. I want to say contrats to you and your new arrival!

Deb said...

Your card is so cute ~ the photo corner looks great! I just stumbled across your list of stamps for sale. Is Artifacts still available? If so, I would love to buy it! Let me know... my email is pierce6@tds.net.

Thanks!
Deb

Anonymous said...

Nice card; I really like the tab with the brads on the left. Good color combo, thanks for sharing.