Thursday, June 28, 2007

Swap Projects

































































RECIPES BELOW
This first card looks like it's Pink Passion, but it's actually Pixie Pink. I was inspired by the layout on pg. 145 of the 06-07 catalog, only I changed the colors to pastels instead of primary colors.

I love this next stamp set, Pick a Petal. It has so many different options! This image has a little to do with my photography experience with the rule of thirds. Many of you probably know, but for those that don't, pictures (or stamped images in this example) look more interesting if they are not in the dead center of the frame. One of my pet peeves is a photograph of a landscape and the horizon is stretched across the center of the picture, like its cutting it exactly in half. GRRRR! Anyone else hate that? Or am I the only one with a serious problem?

This next card was inspired by JanTink on SCS. Love the color combo of the new "IN Colors".


I was challenged when I decided I wanted to make this flower card with the "grass" fringe on the bottom. I challenged myself to use the Groovy Guava because I actually don't care too much for that color out of all of the new colors, but I put it with Always Amethyst and Certainly Celery, and guess what?? I really like it now!


I like to peruse Nichole Heady's blog even though I don't use Papertrey's stamps, but I love her style. I found this little box she made quite a while ago and I always wanted to try it. One of our swaps was a non-card swap and I decided to make these little boxes for everyone. You can find the directions here. I used River Rock and Basic black and also made a simple band instead of tying it with ribbon.


Recipes:

Card #1
Stamps: Three for you Punch Box
Paper: Pixie Pink, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Groovy Guava, Apricot Appeal, Bashful Blue
Accessories: White Grosgrain, Word Window Punch, 1/16 punch, 3/4" square punch.

Card #2
Stamps: Pick A Petal, Warm Words
Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Lg & Sm oval punches, brads, Crystal effects, Dazzling Diamonds

Card #3
Stamps: In The Spotlight, Happy Everything
Paper: Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White
Accessories: Black Gingham ribbon

Card #4
Stamps: In the Spotlight
Paper: Groovy Guava, Certainly Celery, Almost amethyst, Whisper White
Accessories: 1/2" circle punch, brads

Boxes:
Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Paper: River Rock, Basic Black
Accessories: Brads

1 comment:

Michele Cronsell said...

Love the Pick-a-Petal flower! I'm loving this set too!

You've been tagged!

http://stampinrubber.blogspot.com