Thursday, September 6, 2007

27 Sketches in 27 Days-#3










It's the 3rd sketch & card of my 27 Sketches! Only 24 more to go :)

If you haven't already noticed from a lot of my cards-I've got a bit of SCD (Scallop Compulsive Disorder) he he!! I really have to challenge myself to leave scallops off of anything I do! See here-I even added it to my sketch card! Maybe someday I'll be burnt out from scallops.....NOT!

I was a bit shocked from the color combination I chose for this card. Orchid Opulance, Blue Bayou, and Certainly Celery.....Weird, huh? I actually like how it turned out though. I picked up the Orchid Opulance (seriously folks...it's been years since I've touched that color) and forced myself to come up with a color combination that I liked. It seemed to look fine while I was starting to work on it, then when I colored the trees and snowman, it all just came together. I love it when that happens!

Feel free to link your card!

Recipe:
Stamps: Short & Sweet, Merry & Bright
Paper: Orchid Opulence, Blue Bayou, Certainly Celery, WW
Ink: Orchid Opulence, Blue Bayou, Certainly Celery, White Gel Pen
Accessories: White Taffeta Ribbon
Tools: Aquapainter, Slit punch, Photo Corner Punch
Technique: Masking




I think I've added all of your blogs and favorite blogs from the blog candy give away-and still currently doing so. If I missed someone, please let me know, and I'll get it added right away!

7 comments:

Barb said...

WOW, I really like how the colors came together with the way you colored the trees.... Great job, your so talented with color combinations, love the corner punch.
Sara, you won't believe this ~ I started working on my Christmas cards tonight!!, your blog must be very inspiring. Barb~e. (Leaflizard)

Anonymous said...

I really like your sketches! Thank you for the inspiration. I found your blog from Heather Huggins' blog!
Shae

Angie Tieman said...

Very pretty!!! I LOVE those trees! The colors are beautiful, so soft and pretty!

Sandy said...

I did the first three last night...thanks for the sketches!
cards

emily anderson said...

here is my take for this sketch...i changed things around a bit, but i used this general layout...thanks for looking! i'm loving these sketch challenges!
emily
www.3peasinapoddesigns.blogspot.com
"sara's sketch #3"

Angel said...

I started with Sketch 3... here is mine http://angelosity.blogspot.com/2007/09/sweet-saturday.html
But, I will catch up and get the others done too. LOVE your blog!

MJ said...

Here is my card for sketch #3

http://technostamper.blogspot.com/